- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3-1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes
or 12 packets Equal® sweetener
or 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful™
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups skim milk, chilled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Equal® sweetener can be substituted with other sweetener products. Nutrition contents might be different from those listed below.
- Mix 2 cups milk, cornstarch, and Equal® in small saucepan; heat to boiling; boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Beat eggs in medium bowl. Mix about half the milk mixture into eggs; then add this egg mixture to remaining milk in saucepan. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and cinnamon. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate until chilled, or until serving time.
- Stir 2 cups milk into custard mixture; serve in small glasses or punch cups. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
Variation: If desired, 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons rum or brandy extract can be stirred into the eggnog.
Yield: Makes 8 servings.
|amount per serving|
|| 6 g|
|| 1 g|
|| 79 mg|
|49% calorie reduction from traditional recipe
Source: With permission from Merisant/Equal Company. Equal® sweetener is a registered trademark of the Merisant Company.