Oriental Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 large mushrooms (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup QuakerŽ Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red or green bell pepper
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
QuakerŽ Oats products can be substituted with any other oats cereal products. Sweet OneŽ products can be substituted with any other heat-stable sweetener products. Nutrition contents might be different from those listed below. Listing of any brand name products in this recipe does not represent an endorsement by Lifeclinic.
Yield: 24 MUSHROOMS
- Remove stems from mushrooms; reserve stems. Place mushroom caps in large bowl. In small bowl, combine soy sauce and sherry; pour over mushrooms. Cover and marinate at least 1 hour, stirring once after 30 minutes.
- Finely chop reserved mushrooms stems. Place in large bowl with turkey, oats, green onions, pepper, egg white, mustard and garlic; mix well. Drain mushroom caps, reserving marinade. Fill caps with turkey mixture, packing well and mounding slightly. Place on broiler pan. Brush tops with reserved marinade.
- Broil 7 to 8 inches from heat 15 to 18 minutes or until turkey is cooked through. Serve immediately.