Green Beans Sauté
Green beans and onions are lightly sautéed in only 1 tablespoon of oil.
- 1 lb fresh or frozen green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- If using fresh green beans, cook green beans in boiling water until barely fork tender. Drain well. If using frozen green beans, thaw first.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté onion until golden.
- Stir in green beans, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Toss with parsley before serving.
Yield: 4 servings--Serving Size: 1/4 cup