Washington Apple Pizza
Here's a healthy new twist on an old favorite - pizza with apples!
- 1/2 cup lowfat ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbls onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp dill weed, dried
- 1 pre-cooked pizza crust (16 oz)
- 2 cups Golden Delicious or Rome Beauty apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
Yield: 6 servings
- Combine ricotta cheese, onion, and dill; mix well and spread on pizza crust.
- Layer apples and peppers on cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake at 450° about 7 minutes, or until mozzarella cheese melts and pizza is thoroughly heated.
|Nutrition at a glance
|amount per serving|
|| 7 g|
|Calories from Fat
|| 14 mg|
|| 3 g|
Source: Produce for Better Health Foundation, Washington Apple Commission.