The holiday season brings visions of sugarplums and other tempting sweet treats. Here are some snacks that will help satisfy your sweet tooth. Each is about 15 grams of carbohydrate.
- 3 gingersnaps, or 5 vanilla wafers, or 8 animal crackers
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- 3 graham crackers (2-1/2” sq)
- 3 pieces of dried fruit
- blended drink of 1/2 cup of low-fat milk and 1/4 cup of fresh fruit
- 1/4 cup of regular pudding, or 1/2 cup of sugar-free pudding
- 1/2 cup of regular or no-added-sugar ice cream
- 1 cup of low-fat yogurt with artificial fruit flavor/sweetener
- 1/2 cup frozen yogurt, no sugar added
- 1/4 cup sherbet or sorbet
- 1 granola bar
Lifestyle - Diet |
Diabetic Snacks Guide
Source: The Strelitz Diabetes Institutes. Healthy snacks on the run, July 2001.